JP's Internal Medicine Page

I'm an internal medicine doctor working as a nocturnist. Sometimes I like to make things with python but most of my life is medicine and raising my young family. I have many posts about teaching my toddler to read at a younger age than is probably wise.

Predict Survival in Advanced Cancer

Other Things I've Made:
ECG Viewer Bobcat Mountain Text Adventure Demo

Medical Blogs I Like:
Dr. Smith's ECG Blog ECG Maven The Number Needed to Treat

Blog Postings:

Friday, April 29, 2016

Treading Water

I don't think that there has been much of a significant change since the last time I posted two weeks ago. I worked a week of nights and so I wasn't able to do as much reading with my son. He's still in this phase where he can sound out individual words when asked, but doesn't really have a large memorized sight word vocabulary.  Sometimes it is a struggle to get him to read what the books actually say rather than what he is guessing them to say. To help with this, I'm trying have him focus more on pointing to each word as he reads it so that he has to register.  I haven't done the flash cards for over a month now.  I made an excel sheet to record the number of "memorized" sight words he knows because I thought it might be fun to look back at it someday.  So far, it's been a plateau.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Any questions, comments, critiques? I'd love to hear from people at jpmax7 at gmail.com