JP's Internal Medicine Page

I'm an internal medicine doctor working as a nocturnist. Sometimes I like to make things with python but most of my life is medicine and raising my young family. I have many posts about teaching my toddler to read at a younger age than is probably wise.

Predict Survival in Advanced Cancer

Other Things I've Made:
ECG Viewer Bobcat Mountain Text Adventure Demo

Medical Blogs I Like:
Dr. Smith's ECG Blog ECG Maven The Number Needed to Treat

Blog Postings:

Thursday, April 23, 2015

ECG Viewer Program

I finally got my ECG viewer to work as a windows application!  You can download it here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/i79vy1vcxiyo1h5/ECG_Viewer.zip?dl=0

Unzip the file and double click on the program "ECG_ViewerOnlyWindows.exe"

When you open it you will need to load an ECG. There are several ECG files in the folder "ECGs" to load and play around with. 

If you download and use it for other images online, I've found that ECG images that are jpegs should be at least 500 kB in size to really be worth looking at (otherwise there is not enough detail and they are just blurry when you zoom in).

Features:
  -Horizontal and Vertical Calipers
  -Guidelines for calculating rate, axis, STEMI, ischemic regions, LVH, etc...

Bear in mind I have kept the graphics simple because it's a work in progress.
I also have a version of this I'm working that has a quiz mode and my goal is to allow the user to make quizzes (so that you can educate your medical students/junior residents with those ECGs you've saved).

I'm pretty sure it won't work on Mac OS, but it's worth trying (and let me know).

Any comments, suggestions, critiques are much appreciated!

Any questions, comments, critiques? I'd love to hear from people at jpmax7 at gmail.com